Anabolic steroids are one of the three types of steroids. Anabolic androgenic steroids are more commonly used by body fitness enthusiasts and athletes for building muscle or getting fit.
There are various types of anabolic steroids and some are classified as being more harmful than others but if you open additional hints you will learn about anadrol can help you achieve your bodybuilding goal.
However there are some common reasons why anabolic steroids are discouraged for use. Some of these possible side effects are listed below.
Before we drove into the side effects, it is very important that you understand that the The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in the United States of America classifies Anabolic Androgenic Steroids as Schedule III drugs.
This implies that illegal possession of these drugs can result in a person being jailed for upto 1 year or being subjected to a fine of at least $1,000 for first time offenders.
Illegal possession in this case simply means possession without a medical doctors prescription.
The side effects are:
- Complementing the use of Androgenic anabolic steroids with the practise of resistant training in your bid to grow more muscle and shred fat can potentially increase your risk of for heart disease and other cardiac complications.
- It is observed that long-term use of Androgenic anabolic steroids can lead to a disorder called body dysmorphic disorder.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a mental health disorder in which you can’t stop thinking about one or more perceived defects or flaws in your appearance — a flaw that appears minor or can’t be seen by others. This feeling can even lead to depression if not managed appropriately.
- The possibility of becoming impulsive and aggressive due to long term use of Androgenic anabolic steroids is more probable.
This impulsivity is a trait common among depressed people who end up committing suicide as they can do anything without even thinking of the consequences. This is very unhealthy.
- Oral anabolic steroids are capable of causing long term damage to the liver. The liver is essential for digesting food and ridding the body of toxic substances. Hence when the liver is damaged, healthy living impaired and the muscle you wanted to build now becomes useless.
- Gynecomastia, a condition that makes breast tissue swell in boys and men can happen when there is an imbalance of two hormones in your body due to Hormone changes which can result from the prolonged use of anabolic steroids.
- The testes can become smaller in size and lose their capacity to function hence become useless due to the prolonged use of anabolic steroids, particularly testosterone supplements.
- Like I earlier stated, prolonged use of testosterone supplements can damage the testes, a ripple effect is in the decreased production of sperm. This will ultimately lead to infertility.
- Finally, the increased intake of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids can cause an early onset of baldness in the male gender.
These are few out of the adverse side effects that can result from the excessive use of AAS.