When talking about fitness routines that have maximum benefits on both your body and mind, it is a fact that it does not get any better than yoga. Yoga is a highly ancient practice that originated over 5,000 years ago in North Indian regions and has since been an integral part of Indian culture. Yoga asanas consist of many different physical poses that are to be performed with extreme precision. Along with the physical aspect, various breath control practices go hand in hand to contribute to the overall growth of the mind and body.
Among the most beneficial yoga asanas you can practice are Surya Namaskar, Balasana, Bhujangasana, Adho Mukha Svanasana, Dhanurasana, Trikonasana and many more. Here’s how yoga asanas will benefit your mental and physical health:
- Reduces Stress: The breathing exercises linked with yoga asanas help you take some time off your regular, hectic life. It reduces the production of the stress hormone called cortisol and, at the same time, boosts the production of positive hormones like serotonin. Yoga asanas also help you recognise chronic stress patterns and relieve them with regular practice.
- Improves Digestive Function: Yoga asanas put your digestive system under strain, encouraging it to function smoothly. This relieves gastrointestinal problems like gas, bloating, irregular bowel movements, etc. Consequently, you can work better in day to day life as digestive problems can be the root cause of more significant issues.
- Helps in Weight Loss: Yoga is one of the best ways to lose weight. It engages all your body muscles, increases energy levels and keeps them up, ideal when burning calories. It boosts your metabolism and maintains those levels, ensuring healthy weight loss as well as management.
- Promotes Interpersonal Connection: Conflicting with yourself can be a significant problem in life. Yoga allows you to reach a level of mental peace and clarity that helps you get rid of negative thought patterns. It decreases stress levels considerably. It allows you to form a deeper connection with yourself, helping you appreciate yourself inside out.
- Strengthens Body Muscles: Yoga asanas engage various body muscles, which activate muscle fibres, building strength and endurance. As these asanas require you to push your body’s limits to get into the postures, your flexibility will also increase quite a lot. This is also helpful in getting rid of any joint or muscle pain that you may be experiencing.
- Lowers Risk of Physical and Mental Health Disorders: Yoga asanas truly promote physical and mental well-being in a genuine sense. Research has found it helps reduce the risk of healing mental disorders like anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc. It also decreases the risk of heart, cardiovascular or lung diseases.
Living a long and healthy life is much easier when you practice yoga asanas daily. Take a look at the cult.fit’s yoga sessions, arranged with detailed guidance to help you master asanas. You can find various sessions arranged with separate, type-wise packs for maximum convenience. So get started with the cult.fit and contribute to a healthier future!