People tend to think of swimming as a leisure time activity when in reality, it’s not. One of the biggest benefits of swimming is that it engages your whole body in doing so. Swimming not only increases your heart rate but also tones your muscles along with building strength and endurance. Swimming not only works your muscles, but it also makes your heart and lungs strong. Researches have shown that if compared with inactive people, swimmers are less prone to death. Other than this, swimming is also known to have lower blood pressure and helps you control blood sugar.
Also, it is a safe exercise option for people with arthritis, injury, or any sort of other issues which make high-impact exercises difficult. Swimming not only helps reduce your pain but can also speed up the process of your recovery. Also, if done in an indoor environment, the humid environment can turn out to be a great activity for people with asthma. It also helps you in increasing your lung capacity and helps you acquire control over your breathing. Also, it is an efficient way to get rid of unwanted calories. An hour of continuous swimming at a normal pace can burn 400 calories. This is a more feasible way of burning calories than other low-impact activities. Lastly, swimming also helps you improve your sleep better at night, and can act as a perfect mood booster.
So now that we have established the importance of swimming, let’s have a look at some of the best swimming exercise equipment you can get for yourself.
- Trademark Innovations Aquatic Exercise Dumbells – Set of 2 – for Water Aerobics:
- Increased Buoyancy: These aquatic exercise dumbells are made with EVA foam, which provides extra buoyancy and low water absorption.
- Low impact exercise: These aquatic dumbbells are ideal for low impact exercises. These dumbbells not only work your upper body but also work your lower back and abs to make sure a total fitness workout.
- Low water absorption: These aquatic dumbbells are made with EVA foam, which ensures less water absorption.
- Helps you increase endurance.
- Helps you increase and improve your flexibility.
- Burn your calories.
- Works your upper body
- Helps in alleviating joint pain
- These aquatic dumbbells have an age limit. They can only be used by individuals above 14.
- Can’t be used as a floatation device
- Sunlite Sports High-Density EVA-Foam Swim Belt, Floatation Belt for Aquatic Exercise, Low-Impact Workout, Swim Training Aid for Beginners.
- Utility: This waist belt not only tones your muscles but also lets you enhance your cardio workout.
- Low impact workout: This aquatic waist belt can turn out to be ideal for your low impact workouts. Not only it alleviates stress on your joints, but also provides you with back support, which makes it ideal for low impact aquatic workout.
- Low water absorption: Made with EVA, this aquatic waist belt absorbs water in minimal quantity.
- Added Comfort: This aquatic waist belt comes with an adjustable strap, which lets the user adjust according to need, making sure the user feels comfortable.
- Increased Buoyancy: This aquatic waist belt serves a dual purpose. Not only it helps in aquatic workouts, but it can also act as a floatation device.
- Provides back support.
- Ideal for low-impact workouts.
- Comes pre-equipped with an adjustable strap.
- Ensures increased buoyancy.
- Ideal for beginners
- Not any.
- Kiefer Water Exercise Discs with 7.5-Inch in Diameter (1-Pair), Blue:
- Easy-grip: These Water exercise discs offer 7.5inch easy-grip handbells, which ensures maximum underwater resistance.
- Low impact exercises: These water exercise discs are ideal for low-impact aquatic exercise, aqua aerobics, and aquatic therapy.
- Arthritis support: These water exercise discs are ideal for those who have arthritic hands, or face trouble when holding a standard dumbbell.
- Made with soft and premier quality foam.
- Provides underwater resistance.
- Ideal for aquatic exercise.
- Provides arthritis support.
- Underwater resistance may not be sufficient for some users
- YUIOP Foam Swim Aquatic Cuffs, Exercise Cuffs Water Aerobics Float Ring Fitness Exercise Set, Ankles Arms Belts with Quick Release Buckle for Swim Fitness Training Set:
- Premium Quality: These aquatic cuffs are made from high-quality soft closed-cell foam, which not only ensures its durability but also ensures increased buoyancy.
- Adjustability: These aquatic cuffs come pre-equipped with a quick release buckle, which allows you to wear or take off these cuffs according to your liking. They are easier to adjust and more compatible and more convenient.
- Compatibility: These aquatic cuffs are highly compatible and can be used for common swimming, beach swimming, etc.
- Swimming aid: If you are a swimmer with limited finger control, these aquatic cuffs will help you increase your control and strength.
- Offers maximum adjustability.
- Highly durable.
- Offers floatation and weight resistance when used in water.
- Provides maximum finger control
- Poor manufacturing quality.
Things to know before buying one:
There is no second opinion about the fact that pool time is probably the only time of the day or week that you may get after a long tiring weekend. Either with the family and kids or alone, this probably is the only time where the only thing which is on your mind is relaxation. But, when your pool float time is also the only time of your day, where you workout, it gives you all the more reasons to make an informed decision so that you don’t end up purchasing the wrong equipment. Keep the following things in mind before buying one.
- Always make sure that the swimming exercise equipment you intend to buy enjoys a positive reputation in the market, be it online or offline. This can be identified easily by reading existing reviews present online.
- Always buy the ones made with EVA foam. This is because EVA foam guarantees the least water absorption and ensures maximum underwater resistance.
That all being said, before buying swimming exercise equipment, do thorough research. This is because individual preferences do vary a lot. But if you were to take my word for it, then I would say you must give Aquatic Exercise Dumbells a try.