Reinstall AMD Drivers in Windows: If you are experiencing display problems, reinstalling your graphics drivers is an option. It will help you fix stuttering and lagging issues during gaming or normal use.
Driver files can become corrupted, which may cause your display to behave strangely. You can fix most graphics-related problems by installing a new copy.
This article will show you how to reinstall AMD driver.
Also Read : How to Change Address in Aadhar Card
How do I Reinstall AMD Drivers in Windows?
You can reinstall the most recent driver update using the AMD Adrenalin, but not the entire driver. For this, you will need to manually uninstall the driver and then install it again.
Also Read : How to Set Caller Tune in Jio
Remove AMD Driver
We recommend backing up your system before uninstalling AMD drivers. Use the restore point in case of power outage during installation to bring the system back to its original state.
Here are the steps to uninstall the driver.
- Use the Windows key + X to open Device manager.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Right-click the AMD Driver and select Uninstall device. Make sure you tick the box labeled To delete the driver software for this device.
- Click Uninstall.
Clicking Uninstall will delete the driver from your computer. Your AMD driver will switch to integrated graphics memory if you use it for display.
However, uninstalling the driver doesn’t completely delete all files associated with it. After uninstalling the driver, some files and registry entries may remain. Reinstalling the driver might not be necessary if these files become corrupted.
To remove residuals or registry entries associated with a driver, you can use the AM Cleanup Utility software . Here’s how to do it:
- Run the AMD Cleanup Utility.
- You will be asked to put your computer into safe mode. To restart your computer, click on Yes.
- To confirm, click on OK
- When your computer is restarted, the program will automatically launch. After the cleanup is completed, it will prompt you to start the program again.
Also Read : How to Link Aadhaar With PAN Online Step-By-Step
Install AMD Drivers
After uninstalling both the AMD driver software and the AMD driver, the Radeon Adrenalin program must be installed. Windows normally installs Microsoft drivers automatically when you restart your computer. However, third-party drivers such as the graphics card need to be manually installed.
Here are the steps to install AMD drivers.
- Visit the official AMD Drivers website and the Support webpage.
- Select the dropdown menu to Search your product. You can also search your graphics card model using Graphics.
- Click on Submit.
- Click on your Operating System version, then click on the Download button. To download software that automatically detects your graphics card model, and Windows version, you can also select the Auto-Detect option. The program will offer you the option of downloading the drivers.
- After downloading the driver, open the file and install it.
- Click on Accept to install.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer.
You can also use the Radeon Adrenalin Software for the installation of the latest driver to your computer.
Also Read : How Far Is Fort Lauderdale From Miami?
Is Reinstalling the AMD Driver as easy as updating the driver?
The driver update will only replace certain files. Other files remain unchanged. Updating your driver might not fix corrupt files if they are present in the driver file. This is dependent on the updates.
Reinstalling your driver is different from updating. It will delete all driver files, even corrupted ones. If you encounter any problems that cannot be solved with updating or basic troubleshooting, you can reinstall the driver.
The AMD Radeon Driver Update Utility is available. It is much easier to use the AMD Radeon Software than manually downloading and installing the driver.
Here are the steps to upgrade your graphics driver.
- Right-click your desktop and click the Radeon Setting or Software: Adrenalin Edition buttons, depending on which Windows version you have.
- Adrenalin will notify you when any driver updates become available. You can also click on Check For Updates to check for any updates.
Updates will replace the Check for Updates button with the Download option. This button includes the current version as well as the most recent released version.
- To download the most recent update, click the Download button
- Once the download is completed, click on Installation to install the driver.