If you own a Netgear Orbi device, then you might be well aware of how important updating its firmware is. And if that’s exactly what you aren’t able to do, then it looks like you’re in grave danger. But, don’t worry as this little issue can easily be taken care of. Simply go through the troubleshooting tips mentioned here to resolve the Orbi firmware update failure issue.
We can assure you that by the time you’re done reading this article, the firmware update failure issue would’ve gone far away from you and your WiFi device.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failure Issue
- Change the Location of Your Device
First things first, make sure that your Netgear Orbi device is placed in a clean area. The placement of the device is pretty important when it comes to its proper functioning. Additionally, consider the steps outlined below:
- Keep the Orbi satellite near your Netgear Orbi router.
- Do not place the WiFi device inside a cupboard or near a concrete wall.
- Maintain a safe distance between your Orbi router and electronic devices.
- Restart Your Netgear Orbi
Sometimes, random technical glitches can cause problems that don’t even want to come into existence in the first place. To troubleshoot this issue, restarting your WiFi device might work.
Here are the steps that’ll help you in restarting your Netgear Orbi:
- Turn off your Orbi.
- Disconnect all the devices connected to it.
- Pull the power cable from your Orbi.
- Then, take a long deep breath.
- Plug the Orbi back into the socket.
And you are done! After you’ve rebooted your WiFi device, try accessing orbilogin.com to check whether you’re able to update the firmware or not. If not, then scroll down and continue reading.
- Check Your Internet Connection
One of the major reasons why you’re facing the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue might be because of a poor internet connection. Thus, ensure that your internet connection is strong. Also, keep the following tips in mind:
- Your Orbi router and the existing modem should be connected.
- Use a cable instead of a WiFi source to connect your devices.
- If required, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Are you still not able to update the firmware of your Orbi device? Perhaps, you don’t need the troubleshooting tips. Instead, you need to know how to properly perform Netgear Orbi firmware update. There is a high possibility that you were performing the process of firmware update wrong all this while.
To stop you from making the same mistake, here’s are the instructions to update the firmware of the Netgear Orbi device manually.
Step-by-Step Guidelines to Update the Firmware of Netgear Orbi
- Turn on your computer or laptop (whatever you prefer).
- Open a web browser of your choice on your system.
- Log into your device by using the default login credentials.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in, go to the Settings option.
- Navigate to the Firmware Update section.
- Upload the latest firmware update version as per the model of your Orbi device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until the file gets uploaded.
As soon as the file gets uploaded, walk through the on-screen instructions to complete updating the firmware of your device.
Note: You can also make use of the Orbilogin app to update the firmware of your WiFi device.
And that was it! We hope that through this article, we were able to guide you in troubleshooting the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue. For further assistance, feel free to get in touch with us through the comments section below.